Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Light, Carb, Action.

I can't take you back and forth. Happy warm and gracious day turns to gloom without warning. How dare you trespass on my much appreciated moment of contentment. Tears collect and retreat painfully. You are not welcomed. My heart fills up with hurt and sorrow, gradually dissipating until tomorrow. Until a thought creeps back inside, consumed by guilt, i cannot hide. By my own hand, I'm left here feeling empty. Only temporarily. A new moment comes and my mood has shifted, a smile returns, my spirits lifted. Every day I'm thankful for the blessings bestowed in this world. Every day I tend to forget what makes me smile among the shit. The shit takes over like clockwork. Never failing to bring me down. If only I could run away to the rabbit hole.

She teeters over the edge of her realm, anticipating the fall down.
Stepping down without a second thought.
Take me down.
Take me quick.
The warm embrace of another place.
If I must return at the end of this, I'll meet you again with a backwards kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment